Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thank you

I'd like to dedicate this post to all of my friends who came out to support me at my first show in California. 

It was an amazing and strange experience picking up and playing alot of my music for the 1st time in a while. I realized how much I love some of the songs I've written and how great it is to get inside some characters and thoughts through song as well. I didn't realize until I was preparing my set list that I have now written something like 25 songs.  That just blows my mind. 

I've never considered myself a "songwriter". I've always just been a guy who loves music and likes good words. Im not sure if this inability to consider myself a writer/artist came from fear or humility, but it has been a struggle as I've taken a step back to examine why I like to write songs. 

So this is where my amazing friends really play a role in my life. They (and my family) are the ones who have encouraged me by listening, downloading, and showing up when I say that im playing somewhere. When they tell me Im a songwriter, I believe it. 

So thank you for listening. Thank you for encouraging.


-Jacob

p.s.
i am still working out the kinks in the "To Kill a Mockingbird"  homage EP. but the 3 songs have been written, 1.5 of them are recorded, and there's some amazing album artwork in progress(thanks to my girl Christina)

I'm going to release it at: jacobfurr.bandcamp.com

where you will be able to download it for free.

keep an eye out...

also, id like to invite you to become a follower of my blog here and to sign up for my mailing list.

1 comment:

  1. how do you have a blog and jody and I not know about it? We pride ourselves in properly stalking all our friends. Looking forward to the next concert!

    ReplyDelete